Company: Azhar Kitchen & Bar Inc. o/a Azhar Kitchen + Bar (Gusto 54 Restaurant Group)
Business Information: Azhar Kitchen + Bar is a neighbourhood gathering place for soulful Eastern Mediterranean & Middle East-inspired food and drink — hand-made and fire-cooked. With a wood-fired grill at the centre of the open kitchen, expect a transporting taste of Old World cuisine with imaginative twists in an intimate space that will quickly feel like your own.
Business address: 96 Ossington Ave., Toronto ON M6J 2Z4
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods as specified by Chef and/or customers
• Cook special meals for customers with food allergies or intolerances as approved by Chef
• Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies. Ensure that all mis en place needed for service is ready for use, this involves organization of working tools (knives, pans, etc.) and preparation of dish elements, chopping of vegetables and butchery.
• Inspect kitchens and food service areas
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• Clean kitchen and work areas
• Follow recipes accurately as outlined by Chef
• Coordinate timing of dish completion with other cooks, as directed by Chef
• Mark and date all stored food
• Store or dispose of all unused items
• Perform duties in accordance with Ontario Health and Safety Standards
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years of culinary experience required. If the candidate does not have at least 2 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate related to food industry is required
- Experience and knowledge of Middle Eastern or Mediterranean cuisine an asset
- Experience in high-volume kitchen is a strong asset
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads (up to 9kg – 20 lbs), Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Large workload, Work under pressure, Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability: Client focus, Dependability, Excellent oral communication, Flexibility, Initiative, Judgement, Organized, Reliability, Team player
- Work Site Environment: Hot and Noisy
- Language: English is required
Salary: $19.00 Hourly, 30-44 Hours per week.
Benefits: Uniform is provided, Dental insurance, Extended Medical Insurance, Free meals while working, Employee discount in all our Gusto 54 restaurants.
Important information: Flexibility in schedule is required. Position requires extended work hours, including evening, night, weekend, and holidays as needed. The candidate will work 6 to 10 hours a day within the rotational shifts that are available from 9:00 AM up to 1:00 AM.
Work Setting: Restaurant
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job type: Full-time